Skip to main content

Fourth Sunday In June

Fourth Sunday in June
Fourth Sunday in June
Fourth Sunday in June
Fourth Sunday in June

Here She comes again
Hotter than the Summer's wind
Hottest sun sets in the West
Fourth Sunday in June
Here she comes again

Shabadabbadoo

Her engines rev like a G35
Riffs & Licks feel like mine
She keeps her power all to herself
No soap, no towels...
Just an empty shelf

She fills you with this hope
To disappoint you like a dope
When she shoots you a bird
Saying it was just a joke

She passes you a joint
But she won't take a toke,
As she pops another pill
And always says she won't

Shabadabbadoo

Fourth Sunday in June
Here She comes again
Hotter than the Summer's wind
Hottest sun sets in the West
Fourth Sunday in June
Here she comes again

Another year has gone
Like yesterdays fly
The only good to come
Mr. Boston went Bye Bye!

Inside you, you just knew
There was something wrong
Though it felt so, so true
What was giving you some sleep
Was slowly killing you
She woke you up
And then had to go
She wanted more
But not as much as you
A weekend trip
Was just too much to ask
A trip to the john
Equaled the task
To a mutually inclusive
Head game blast

Fourth Sunday in June
Here She comes again
Hotter than the Summer's wind
Hottest sun sets in the West
Fourth Sunday in June
Here she comes again

Shabadabbadoo









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Films, Motion Pictures & MOVIES!

Immediately, by my use of the term "movies", you know I am not a Film Snob.  I also did not grow up in the era before "movies".  Even as I write this, Blogger is questioning my use of the term by underlining it with a red squiggly line, but that's what I call them, movies!  So, sue me if you don't like it. People used to only see celebrities in still shots printed in magazines before the age of television.  Then, they would go see them at the "movie theater", after hearing about it on the radio.  Nobody ever called them Film Theatres, did they?  The word "film" is really a description of the medium by which we are enabled to view "movies" rather than it being a description of the experience of watching still pictures transformed into motion.  So, I'm sticking with "movies", but I am not opposed to calling them motion pictures.  For the "purists" out there that insist on using the word "film...

Irma

Well folks, I made it to the stage for Rabbit Box at the Foundry on Wednesday night! What a great experience that was after dreading it for the month prior. I started by telling them that it was just another dose of public humiliation... and I started off with a laugh I didn't know I was going to get! It ended well too landing on exactly eight minutes with a CHEER for an announcement I had made as to success after failure! Much of life is made of hope and disappointment, but it is also made up of fear and relief. Kinda like what happened with Irma when Harvey had already caused the damage in Houston, Irma suddenly appeared with two others Jose and Katia! For a minute there it seemed like we were doomed! Katia hit Mexico and has dissipated to a tropical storm with 40 a mile winds while Jose drifted back out to sea, but is not setting its sites on the same Caribbean islands that have just suffered Irmas wrath. Buckle your seat belts people! This is shaping up to be a very intens...

STEM STEAM

Over the last ten years, I've met and gotten to know several students at UGA. Some of you have become parents since I met you in your earliest adulthood. Some of you will become parents. As such, and whichever the case may be, you might want to follow this educational development as the years progress. Arts & Sciences, to me, represent an historically neglected symbiotic relationship. In fact, much time has been spent trying to separate the two, as we also do with politic s and religion. Our nation was founded on such a symbiotic relationship, and while one side aims to separate the two, the other side wants to force feed one to the other. The key is in balance, whether it is between Arts & Sciences, or Politics & Religion... one thing our earliest leaders were about was tolerance to those of varying opinions (predominantly Christian, but not necessarily) and who come not to cause physical harm from their differences. Some these days argue it is harmful to offen...