Skip to main content

Mexico City?

After watching this video of Mexico City, I thought... this looks like any city, any where. Why would anybody want to immigrate to the USA if it's the same old thing? Why don't almost any Americans want to move somewhere else, like droves of people from other nations seem to want to.

Then I got to thinking, in Athens, GA you can be in the country in five minutes, which is an entirely different world than the city. I imagine the same is true in Mexico, except my imagination includes more desert terrain. So, it makes sense that besides economic opportunity, our lush land is attractive, which flies in the face of businesses who don't seek to protect the environment.

I spent the night in the country last night. This morning when I left and hit the road, I found two aluminum cans and a ball cap thrown in the drive way, which reminds me of my favorite lines I think I ever wrote, Morning Sex in the Parking Deck, inspired when one morning I found a bra, a pair of panties, a bag of tortilla chips, a cup of coffee, not to mention the spent condom, lying there all together. So, of course I had to write a poem.

You can read it here, if you like:


Point being, is it doesn't matter where you come from, the city, or the country, I'm betting most of the people who want to come to America aren't living the lifestyles that the people in this video portray, unless they choose to come here to start a business.

In other words, people are people generally the same wherever you go. There are decent people, and there are trashy people. Not all decent people are rich, and not all decent people are poor. Not all trashy people are poor, but some rich people are trashy, and tacky too.

So, to speak the words of the country, you can put some lipstick on that pig if you want to, but it's still a pig. Does that bring anybody to mind? I think of several... Some are in Washington DC, and some are in Athens, GA. There are some people who are here in this country who like to litter, and I'm betting they don't wash their asses either. In fact, here's a consideration, since we're all hyped up about immigration, what about deportation of some of the trash we have right here, right now? If you throw trash on the ground and you don't wash your ass, you should be deported.  It brings new meaning to being full of sh*t, literally.

The only people you hear of wanting to leave the USA are rich people.  Why is that?  Poor people don't want to leave.  Why would they when it is plainly evident that everybody wants to come here?  Anyway, I'm sure they have homeless people in Mexico City they didn't show us in this video, and I can't explain why some people are full of sh*t and others are genuine people, but one thing I did also learn from this video was that we have better traffic laws!  It's not as bad as India, but those traffic circles are a place of some chaos in Mexico City!

So, if you don't love America for any other reason, then love it for the roads, and bridges, and the general order of traffic!  Traffic sucks, but it could be worse!

God Bless America!  But, will you also please change the trashy people into decent people because there are too many of them.  I ask this in sincerity because we can't seem to do anything about it with our educational system and with all the great technological advancements we've seen in the last hundred years.  May Yeshua advocate for us.  Amen.

It seems like no matter how hard we try people will always piss on the toilet seat, and just leave it for somebody else to clean up!  Heck, you can't even get them to flush the toilet, and these are not environmentalists we're talking about.  If someone wants to leave old piss in their own toilet that's their personal environment, and that's their business, but having personally spent 48 hours in a jail cell with a broken toilet, I can tell you that's not something you would call sanitary.  And, it's so simple.  All you gotta do is push, or pull that handle!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Films, Motion Pictures & MOVIES!

Immediately, by my use of the term "movies", you know I am not a Film Snob.  I also did not grow up in the era before "movies".  Even as I write this, Blogger is questioning my use of the term by underlining it with a red squiggly line, but that's what I call them, movies!  So, sue me if you don't like it. People used to only see celebrities in still shots printed in magazines before the age of television.  Then, they would go see them at the "movie theater", after hearing about it on the radio.  Nobody ever called them Film Theatres, did they?  The word "film" is really a description of the medium by which we are enabled to view "movies" rather than it being a description of the experience of watching still pictures transformed into motion.  So, I'm sticking with "movies", but I am not opposed to calling them motion pictures.  For the "purists" out there that insist on using the word "film&qu

Stacey Dash On "Why I Say What I Say"

Why I Say What I Say, Even Though I Drive Whoopi, BET, and Most Other Black People Crazy ... After reading the article above, here are my thoughts... Stacey Dash drives me crazy, and I'm not even BLACK!  She having grown up in the South Bronx, having voted for Obama in 2008, and now a right wing representative of the most extreme kind, I agree with her much of the time, but she sticks to the script when she knows it is WRONG.  I'm not really disagreeing with this current post, except in terms of the way Republicans always attack social programs when working on the budget before they attack our inflated military budget.  I'm all for a strong defense.  I'm not a pacifist in that way, but we don't spend the money on our weapons program for the people of this country as much as we spend it for the people making money off it.  Sure, we need reforms in the welfare system, but not cuts, at least not yet. I can't argue with anything Stacey Dash has said in this art

Wrong About Irene

Well, as Irene continues its way up the eastern seaboard, Georgia has been spared from any devastation although it was very humid today; that’s not devastating.  That’s par for the course in Georgia.  At least, that has been par for the course most of the time I have lived in this beautiful state.  Yet, the previous ten years have been moderate in terms of the humidity factor.  So, this recent humidic return in the last couple of years has restored and reminded us of the fact that this beautiful state, as lush and green as it is, is right next door to Florida, the arm pit of the South.  And Irene brought a piece of Florida with her and left in Georgia.  A soggy statement that can only stimulate thanksgiving. My first year of college, I was seeing this girl who had to write a paper on the topic of “The Optimism of Pessimism”.  I suppose, I am writing the same paper write now, only I won’t receive a grade. She said to me, ‘I received a topic for a paper today and I’m