Skip to main content

Beans & Cheese

I have found less stress by not watching the news. Although, I did use the word "retarded" the other day to describe the situation we face in this nation at which point someone attacked me for using the word in it's informal offensive sense describing the situation and not a person. So, the guy got mad and called me a Jew, among other things, and actually a Queer Jew because I had used the word "retarded". I was not offended, but he would have been if I called him a Jew, because he was a Redneck. Though I didn't resort to calling him a Redneck, I'm telling you he was. The difference is I've often identified with my Jewish side, just as I identify with my Black side, and heck I might as well admit I identify with my feminine side too, but not my gay side!! Therez no gay side to identify with. I don't understand that behavior. As far as the feminine side goes, anybody who has a heart can identify with that. The difference is as a male, you learn to think past the heart more often than you are controlled by it. 

The Black side identification only comes from exposure to black culture, and the same could be said of the Redneck side which I have exhibited some tendencies in my lifetime dating back to high school where I dipped Skoal and wore my ball cap backwards. Backward cap wearing crosses over cultures, and is primarily concentrated among middle to upper class kids, but has no racial barriers, as just the other day I encountered a Pakistani man wearing his hat backwards eating a bean and cheese burrito with ketchup.

Apparently, Ketchup is also one of those things that crosses cultural lines like wearing your hat backwards. The point of all this is simply for a matter of perspective. You cannot truly judge anyone who likes ketchup or wears their hat backwards. It's a matter of preference similar to the way we view weeds. Weeds are a matter of opinion and to each his own as far as that goes. Or, that's the way it was before they outlawed one so called weed some people call Tree.

Being that the male determines the gender of a baby by donating either an X chromosome, or a Y chromosome that are supposedly perfectly balanced in sperm at a 1:1 ratio, it is apparent that we are a mixed bag of tricks, while females are solely of X's, it seems clear that we might be likewise mixed up in the head, but that's what men tend to say of women! Ironic, and maybe I've stated that correctly, but I could be off since I am certainly no doctor except in the recognition of bullsh*t and we've got a lot of that going on, don't we? That of course only adds to the otherwise natural state of confusion we have within ourselves; some more than others and some who have overcome. So, the other day when a young Latina I know walked by saying, "Hi Gabe" as I was eating a bowl of beans and cheese from Fuzzy's Taco Shop, without actually thinking about it I said hello and told her I was eating beans and cheese. I hope this is not some kind of exhibition of assuming a stereotype. I don't even know if she's of Mexican decent. Regardless she replied with exclamation, "EWWW Gross!!!!".
 

This caught me by surprise at first and then I realized she's Latina, and thought it was funny! So, when she came back by driving in her car her window was down, and I said, "Well, at least I'm not eating steak with ketchup!". She just looked at me funny, like "What are talking about Gabe?" Then she said see you later Bae, and I was like, "What are you talking about?" What's a Bae? Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm in touch with my inner Mexican too because I do love beans and cheese, specifically pinto beans.

Needless to say, there's a whole lot of judgement going on all the time and that's because judgement is natural. You cannot help but make judgements the key is not to prejudge. So, when the Dali Lami says don't judge based upon the idea of reincarnation and you're not knowing what someone's previous life might have been like to determine their karmacal state, then I'm just saying that's a lot to digest and not as easy on the stomach as beans and cheese, but probably easier than digesting steak with ketchup! So, when this Redneck called me a Jew and it didn't offend me, I did return the intended insult by calling him a Snowflake, that caused him to repeat himself with almost the identical intended insult that didn't offend me in the first place.

I thought about this for a minute and I even thought about continuing the exchange, but did not because I don't have the energy for that kind of exchange. Plus, it's a waste of time when the guy tells me he's not a Snowflake, he's a Republican! This was just too much. I couldn't waste my energy on the attack and instead I wrote this BLAHG! Which now leads me to lunch where since it is 11:24 as I write this and the one of the ladies from the 1st Baptist Church which plays host to the soup kitchen just stopped by because she saw me here writing this. She said, "Me and my husband were just talking about you... We haven't seen you in a long time. Things have gotten better, but I told her I would stop by. By the way, I asked her what was for lunch and you know what she said... A Ham Sandwich with a pack of Crackers among Brothers and Others! (; And, I said, "Well, it's not Beans & Cheese, but Amen"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Films, Motion Pictures & MOVIES!

Immediately, by my use of the term "movies", you know I am not a Film Snob.  I also did not grow up in the era before "movies".  Even as I write this, Blogger is questioning my use of the term by underlining it with a red squiggly line, but that's what I call them, movies!  So, sue me if you don't like it. People used to only see celebrities in still shots printed in magazines before the age of television.  Then, they would go see them at the "movie theater", after hearing about it on the radio.  Nobody ever called them Film Theatres, did they?  The word "film" is really a description of the medium by which we are enabled to view "movies" rather than it being a description of the experience of watching still pictures transformed into motion.  So, I'm sticking with "movies", but I am not opposed to calling them motion pictures.  For the "purists" out there that insist on using the word "film&qu

Stacey Dash On "Why I Say What I Say"

Why I Say What I Say, Even Though I Drive Whoopi, BET, and Most Other Black People Crazy ... After reading the article above, here are my thoughts... Stacey Dash drives me crazy, and I'm not even BLACK!  She having grown up in the South Bronx, having voted for Obama in 2008, and now a right wing representative of the most extreme kind, I agree with her much of the time, but she sticks to the script when she knows it is WRONG.  I'm not really disagreeing with this current post, except in terms of the way Republicans always attack social programs when working on the budget before they attack our inflated military budget.  I'm all for a strong defense.  I'm not a pacifist in that way, but we don't spend the money on our weapons program for the people of this country as much as we spend it for the people making money off it.  Sure, we need reforms in the welfare system, but not cuts, at least not yet. I can't argue with anything Stacey Dash has said in this art

Wrong About Irene

Well, as Irene continues its way up the eastern seaboard, Georgia has been spared from any devastation although it was very humid today; that’s not devastating.  That’s par for the course in Georgia.  At least, that has been par for the course most of the time I have lived in this beautiful state.  Yet, the previous ten years have been moderate in terms of the humidity factor.  So, this recent humidic return in the last couple of years has restored and reminded us of the fact that this beautiful state, as lush and green as it is, is right next door to Florida, the arm pit of the South.  And Irene brought a piece of Florida with her and left in Georgia.  A soggy statement that can only stimulate thanksgiving. My first year of college, I was seeing this girl who had to write a paper on the topic of “The Optimism of Pessimism”.  I suppose, I am writing the same paper write now, only I won’t receive a grade. She said to me, ‘I received a topic for a paper today and I’m