Skip to main content

Stacey Dash On "Why I Say What I Say"



Why I Say What I Say, Even Though I Drive Whoopi, BET, and Most Other Black People Crazy

...


After reading the article above, here are my thoughts...

Stacey Dash drives me crazy, and I'm not even BLACK!  She having grown up in the South Bronx, having voted for Obama in 2008, and now a right wing representative of the most extreme kind, I agree with her much of the time, but she sticks to the script when she knows it is WRONG.  I'm not really disagreeing with this current post, except in terms of the way Republicans always attack social programs when working on the budget before they attack our inflated military budget.  I'm all for a strong defense.  I'm not a pacifist in that way, but we don't spend the money on our weapons program for the people of this country as much as we spend it for the people making money off it.  Sure, we need reforms in the welfare system, but not cuts, at least not yet.

I can't argue with anything Stacey Dash has said in this article. In fact, it is very well said. Besides the "Now, in the promised land of freedom, we seek the lost Eden of separatism?" statement, which I don't understand, I totally understand where she is coming from, but when she starts making the states rights argument in support of the Confederate flag, she loses me.  Her adamant support of all things from the right, and her partisan support of Trump loses me.  But, it makes sense in our bi-polar nation.  When you go from voting for Obama, to voting for Trump, nothing can exemplify that more.

The states rights argument for slavery is, and always has been a cloak of justification, which is not much different than what she points out about modern Liberalism.  Donald Trump is just another fat cat that told people what they wanted to hear to get the vote, appealing to their confirmation bias. And, that's just the way things work, she might, and really did say, in this article. That's what's wrong with American politics, it's just hype from the rich to the poor.

Neither party is perfect, and it's like I told someone just this morning... I don't believe in the legislation of morality. I don't support blue laws and I don't support laws on sexuality either. The government does not have a place in your church, your bedroom, or your garden. There shouldn't even be any such thing as a government issued marriage license. We have TOO MUCH government; on this we agree.

The downfall of conservatism for minorities lies in the lie of "self-sufficiency". Even if there was only one person on the planet, s/he would have to rely on other things to survive. That is a very far fetched example, but so is the idea of self-sufficiency. It DOES take a village for all us to live. One person on the planet wouldn't last very long, don't you agree? So, we have an entire populace of people stuck in public housing without any real upward mobility.

Well, we should be thankful that it's there, or we would have people lying in the dirt starving to death like they do in Ethiopia. Without Liberalism we wouldn't have welfare and the like. But, they go way too  far in not just trying to care for people, but in forcing their own moral agenda down the throats of everyone like a blue law that says you can't buy alcohol on Sunday, from the other side of the fence.

Where we are in this system is where we need to be with a balance between the free market and the government supplied social safety net. Perhaps, welfare recipients should be required to work. That would make a difference. Anything FREE is taken advantage of and while the exteriors of many public housing projects are well built the interiors may not be all that well kept. It all depends on who is living inside, no matter what color they are.

Stacey Dash goes way too far in the other direction from her days supporting Obama, by embracing things that are seemingly racist. The middle ground is the better place if you want to maintain credibility with the masses instead of just the Republican party. They have their shtick and the Dems have theirs. It's a script and when she says some of the things she does, one can't blame people for giving her flack. I agree with her on BLM, but I don't discount that there is racism. Is BLM there now with all the shootings that just occurred in Chicago, or are they just waiting for another cop killing to protest. I know what she is saying. To randomly kill cops is asinine and doesn't solve anything. But, to discount the entire movement is unfair. However, ALL lives do matter, including BLUE lives and 99% of cops never kill anyone each year...  So, you, reactionaries, have a 99% chance of killing an innocent cop if you randomly kill one.

The Oscars, who really cares, but as I've written on her page many times, she deserves one for her work as a Conservative. I am glad to know about her past, in that she grew up in the Bronx and saw street life, for real. I just feel like people who aren't finding solutions in one group often jump into another which is like going from the frying pan to the fire.

I've always aligned with the right in my way of thinking in terms of family values, even my religious beliefs, and on social issues to the point of personal behavior but not the point of legislating my beliefs over someone else. I've also always been exposed to people of different view points and lifestyles. I've also read our Constitution, and when the other day she made a post about Libertarianism I took issue with one of her readers after he took issue with me. Unfortunately, people are not able to self-govern themselves without posing a threat to others.  Libertarianism is just another unrealistic, pie in the sky, elitist idea based upon one's own self in determining how we should be governed and it is usually embraced by good people, but it doesn't work for society as a whole.

We need laws, we need government, just at a minimum and certainly less than we have, but Republicans always attack social programs first when it comes to the budget based on their fallacious idea of self-sufficiency, and never want to mess with the military budget even though it consumes over 50% of our spending, and only the fat cats are making money off it. The same with petroleum. It's not the guy at the convenience store that's making money off the gas sold. He's not making hardly anything on gas sales. He's making his money on over priced items at a convenience. The gas is almost, if not, a loss leader. So, who is making the money? Donald Trump???

Bill Clinton liked to say it was the economy... but without the environment we don't have an economy. Unless these jokers are planning on gobbling up our planet to ruin, and then somehow escaping to a new one to destroy they haven't told us about, then it doesn't make any sense to rape our  land the way THEY do. Is there some planet THEY'VE already discovered and THEY aren't sharing with us? And, even if there is, why wouldn't we want to prolong life on this one before we race to destroy it?

I am not a global warming alarmist, but I do believe we could do a much better job of taking care of this place. That's why Bernie almost got me to vote. That, plus he exposes the expensive lifestyle of being poor where your interest rates are higher, if you can even get a loan, and everything else is too. Food deserts lead to people eating at convenience stores instead of grocery stores, which isn't just higher in price, but higher in the price on your health too.

However, on an individual level, people are just too lazy to go to the store in many cases, and they are ignorant of healthy eating habits. That's their own fault especially in this day and age of the Internet where you can learn anything besides, and not only, the latest song, or rap, but where it was once thought that religion was the opiate of the masses, today in America, entertainment is the opiate of the masses.

I just get frustrated with absolutists and both parties exemplify that characteristic. Maybe I'm naive in that I think we can do better than bullsh*t, and 'that's just the way things work'. Stacey Dash is right about that as long as bullsh*tters are in charge. So, what gives?

What really matters in the end is how you treat your neighbor, good old fashioned Bible stuff. We can pass all the secular laws we want in our secular government trying to be controlled by people of varying opinions that want to try to force their ways of thinking on others when we don't need any laws on how we should relate to one another in a brotherly, loving way. The civil rights movement... It didn't end racism. It just threw a blanket over it, and while I realize that's a broad statement and there have been tremendous strides toward more equality in the last fifty years, it's still there, and then we get a guy like Donald Trump to come in and stir that pot again like a witch and her brew.

What's more is that somehow he got Evangelical Christians to vote for him which is downright revealing that they can't tell the difference between Jesus Christ and Donald Trump... And, I consider myself to be evangelical, at least in the sense that we are to spread the good news... just not through legislation!

In other words, I hear Stacey Dash humming, but I cannot walk past her posts without saying something. I agree, I agree, I agree and then she will tow that company line, and I'm like PLEEEEAZE! If we can just get past the bullsh*t we might actually make progress. By progress, I mean we get past the bullsh*t on both sides.

Do you know, without documented evidence, and only by my own observation that BULLSH*T has to be the word most used in the jailhouse. I base this on my ten arrests in the last ten years, which were pretty much all BULLSH*T... Of course, because everyone is INNOCENT in the jailhouse... There are also two other words that make up the top three words used in the jailhouse, but I'll skip those so as not to be INFLAMMATORY as seems to be the custom of so many political people on EITHER SIDE. We lost Prince this year, but he knew all about CONTROVERSY, didn't he?

So, I'll commit to you this. I'll never post on the Stacey Dash page again because I don't think I have anything else to say. Yes, black folk need a new narrative. Yes, they need to believe there is at least a way out of public housing, which they don't in many cases. But, along with that, they need to realize they're probably not going to be the next great rapper, or athlete. Don't get me wrong that crosses racial lines  because, black or white, everybody wants to be a rock star. It is the rock star mentality of our youth that holds them back the most, and in continued disappointment under our current system of "mansion capitalism".

Much of this stems from the idea projected by our leadership. Even the Obamas are moving into a $5 million dollar mansion. Why don't our leaders live in the village? It stems also from modern American Christianity which by translation is misleading. When Jesus said there are many mansions in his father's house, the Greek word translated as "mansions" does not mean anything more than a home, or dwelling place. I don't have a problem with capitalism. It's fat pig mansion capitalism I have a problem with, and the usage of this word in translation and interpretation sets up a wrong "fat capitalist pig" image of what Christ was talking about. He's the one who turned over the tables in the temple because they were being "fat capitalist pigs".  Simply, put "mansion capitalism" sets up a false image for people to aspire toward and leaves most in disappointment when they only have an apartment to live in.  Tell that to a homeless person, ok?

This is the same kind of capitalism that would argue against any government regulations. That's HOGWASH! So, on this journey of life long learning, if that's what we take it for, I've learned a lot. Don't believe anything anybody tells you. Don't make promises you can't keep. Keep the promises you make. If you make promises, under promise and over deliver. This is quite the opposite of how our political leaders work where they over promise, or over objectify, and way under deliver.  This is the biggest problem we face as a nation.

But, this is what I was taught as a salesperson by some of the best sales training programs there are. Maybe the first one negates the rest, but I try to live by these things to this day even though I stay in a homeless shelter among people that often behave just like some of our wealthy leaders who are consumed with greed, and hardly ever keep the promises they make, and don't really seem to have any intention of doing so. Perhaps we could throw a suit and tie on one of the homeless and nominate them for president. They behave the same way. What's the difference? Just wealth, that's all; while the fact of the matter, even our poor live like kings in this country compared to the truly "poor" around the world, unless they just choose to live in squalor.

So, while Stacey Dash is adored by many, probably by even more before she started down her political path, I still "love her'"!  I just hope she stays on her lily pad, and I don't let her knock me off mine!

Such 1st World Problems!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Films, Motion Pictures & MOVIES!

Immediately, by my use of the term "movies", you know I am not a Film Snob.  I also did not grow up in the era before "movies".  Even as I write this, Blogger is questioning my use of the term by underlining it with a red squiggly line, but that's what I call them, movies!  So, sue me if you don't like it. People used to only see celebrities in still shots printed in magazines before the age of television.  Then, they would go see them at the "movie theater", after hearing about it on the radio.  Nobody ever called them Film Theatres, did they?  The word "film" is really a description of the medium by which we are enabled to view "movies" rather than it being a description of the experience of watching still pictures transformed into motion.  So, I'm sticking with "movies", but I am not opposed to calling them motion pictures.  For the "purists" out there that insist on using the word "film&qu

Wrong About Irene

Well, as Irene continues its way up the eastern seaboard, Georgia has been spared from any devastation although it was very humid today; that’s not devastating.  That’s par for the course in Georgia.  At least, that has been par for the course most of the time I have lived in this beautiful state.  Yet, the previous ten years have been moderate in terms of the humidity factor.  So, this recent humidic return in the last couple of years has restored and reminded us of the fact that this beautiful state, as lush and green as it is, is right next door to Florida, the arm pit of the South.  And Irene brought a piece of Florida with her and left in Georgia.  A soggy statement that can only stimulate thanksgiving. My first year of college, I was seeing this girl who had to write a paper on the topic of “The Optimism of Pessimism”.  I suppose, I am writing the same paper write now, only I won’t receive a grade. She said to me, ‘I received a topic for a paper today and I’m