Skip to main content

Chain E Letters

Well, the last time I did something like this it paid off.

Somebody posted a picture of a spread of twenty dollar billz with a similar message. I forwarded it. The next day, I walked into the bar and sat down on the sofa where I alwayz sit, but there was a full glass of beer on the table in front of me.

Nobody was around except me and the bartender working behind the bar getting set up. I looked to the right to scan the room for others when I noticed a clump of twenty dollar billz on the cushion next to mine. I didn't count it but it had to be over a hundred dollars.

The next thing I heard was the sound of the bathroom door unlatching. A guy walked out a approached the couch. I asked, "Is that your beer".

He confirmed it was and promptly sat down on the other end where his beer sat. I said, "I think I have something else that belongs to you".

He looked at me and inquired, "What's that".

I held out the billz and said, "This".

With surprise and excitement, he exclaimed, "Oh Dude, that's my spending money for the weekend. I'm meeting my buddies here. We all graduated from UGA and live in different places now. Were having a reunion of Broz!"

He said, "You're not gonna have to buy anymore drinks this weekend. I got you".

So, he bought me a beer, but the last thing I was gonna do was tag along with four UGA brotherz I didn't know and had just kind of done a good deed for one of them just to comp some drinks. Just sayin', that ain't my style, yo?

I drank the beer and then went on my way probably to write something like this down. I spent most of the last ten years on the streets. There are four corners on the square downtown. On each corner there are meters where you can make a donation to help the homeless.

As I passed by the one in front of 5 Guyz (now closed) I noticed a card on the ground by the meter for the homeless. It had an American Express logo on it. I thought it was a credit card, but it wasn't. It was a gift card.

I flipped it over to find a toll free number. So, I called it and found it had a hundred and fifty dollar balance remaining!

Why do I forward this seemingly ridiculous message. It worked last time!

Cheerz!

***

954 - 584-9307. This is for you. I have been praying a lot lately and a prayer warrior sent this to me. So I choose you. A blessing is coming to you in the form of money. Don't ask questions just fed to 50 ppl. The devil said you wont take the time to do this. Prove him wrong.  You will receive $ 15900.00 in 1 days if you send this to 50 ppl. Don't ask just trust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Films, Motion Pictures & MOVIES!

Immediately, by my use of the term "movies", you know I am not a Film Snob.  I also did not grow up in the era before "movies".  Even as I write this, Blogger is questioning my use of the term by underlining it with a red squiggly line, but that's what I call them, movies!  So, sue me if you don't like it. People used to only see celebrities in still shots printed in magazines before the age of television.  Then, they would go see them at the "movie theater", after hearing about it on the radio.  Nobody ever called them Film Theatres, did they?  The word "film" is really a description of the medium by which we are enabled to view "movies" rather than it being a description of the experience of watching still pictures transformed into motion.  So, I'm sticking with "movies", but I am not opposed to calling them motion pictures.  For the "purists" out there that insist on using the word "film&qu

Wrong About Irene

Well, as Irene continues its way up the eastern seaboard, Georgia has been spared from any devastation although it was very humid today; that’s not devastating.  That’s par for the course in Georgia.  At least, that has been par for the course most of the time I have lived in this beautiful state.  Yet, the previous ten years have been moderate in terms of the humidity factor.  So, this recent humidic return in the last couple of years has restored and reminded us of the fact that this beautiful state, as lush and green as it is, is right next door to Florida, the arm pit of the South.  And Irene brought a piece of Florida with her and left in Georgia.  A soggy statement that can only stimulate thanksgiving. My first year of college, I was seeing this girl who had to write a paper on the topic of “The Optimism of Pessimism”.  I suppose, I am writing the same paper write now, only I won’t receive a grade. She said to me, ‘I received a topic for a paper today and I’m

Stacey Dash On "Why I Say What I Say"

Why I Say What I Say, Even Though I Drive Whoopi, BET, and Most Other Black People Crazy ... After reading the article above, here are my thoughts... Stacey Dash drives me crazy, and I'm not even BLACK!  She having grown up in the South Bronx, having voted for Obama in 2008, and now a right wing representative of the most extreme kind, I agree with her much of the time, but she sticks to the script when she knows it is WRONG.  I'm not really disagreeing with this current post, except in terms of the way Republicans always attack social programs when working on the budget before they attack our inflated military budget.  I'm all for a strong defense.  I'm not a pacifist in that way, but we don't spend the money on our weapons program for the people of this country as much as we spend it for the people making money off it.  Sure, we need reforms in the welfare system, but not cuts, at least not yet. I can't argue with anything Stacey Dash has said in this art